If you are nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism and are tired of wearing glasses or contact lenses, Be Eye Wise by finding the answer below to the question so many patients ask, “Am I a candidate for LASIK?”
Good LASIK candidates are those who:
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Have good eye health and corneas thick enough to handle the procedure.
- Are tired of the hassles and ongoing costs of glasses or contacts.
- Have had stable eye prescriptions for at least one year.
- Do not have glaucoma or cataracts.
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their surgery.
Northwest Eye offers a free, no-obligation consultation utilizing the most comprehensive, techniques to ensure you are a good candidate for LASIK, or any of the multiple variations of refractive surgery that we offer, including:
The Northwest Eye free LASIK consultation is an essential step where we measure your corneal thickness and other factors to determine what your best surgical option is. The majority of people will qualify for LASIK but for those that don’t, or those that may want to consider another option, our eye surgeons will provide their recommendation based on your vision goals and your eye’s unique characteristics.
The Northwest Eye free, no-obligation LASIK consultation takes approximately 90 minutes and includes:
- Multiple scans of your eyes to determine your unique vision characteristics
- Corneal thickness measurement
- Review of your past and current medical history
- Identification of your current eye condition, including any eye diseases.
- One on one meeting with your potential surgeon
- Lots and lots of answering your questions.
Discussing your options with a Northwest Eye LASIK consultant or surgeon is an important step toward achieving your best outcome. Be Eye Wise and complete our LASIK Self-Evaluation or schedule a free LASIK consultation with our LASIK consultant, who will provide you with more information, conduct all of your testing and measurements, introduce you to your surgeon and answer any questions that you have.