It describes the kinds of information Northwest Eye collects from website visitors and users and how we use and protect that information. This Policy applies to all visitors and users of the Site including the general public, Northwest Eye and affiliated practice patients, and physician referral partners.
This Policy also describes how we manage and protect both Health Information and Personal Information (defined below) that you give us through this website, how we use and share that information, and how you may exercise your rights with regard to your Health Information and Personal Information.
By using the Site, you are consenting to our collecting, using, and disclosing your Health and Personal Information as described in this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully and do not continue to use this Site if you do not agree to have your information treated in this way.
We may update this Policy from time to time without prior notice. Changes apply to the information collected from the date we post the revision, as well as to information we already hold. We encourage you to visit and review this page frequently so you are aware of any changes since your last visit to the web site.
This website may place a small text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. Our display advertising partners, Perfect Audience and Facebook, then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with the Northwest Eye Clinic website. The methods our advertising partners utilize do not collect personal information. If you prefer websites not store cookies on your computer, you’re welcome to update your settings within your web browser preferences.
“Health Information” is information that (a) identifies you as a current or former Northwest Eye patient and (b) that relates to your health or condition, your health care services, payment, or coverage for those services.
The privacy of Health Information is governed by the applicable Notice of Privacy Practices as outlined below.
If you are a Northwest Eye or affiliated practice patient, please read the Notice of Privacy Practices for a description of our privacy practices and your rights as a patient.
This Policy applies to “Personal Information.” Personal information means specific facts that can be used to identify or contact you as an individual. Personal Information includes, for example, your name, home address and phone number, birth date, your sex, email address, and other information that is unique to you that may not directly relate to your health.
“Personal Information” does not include information that identifies a computer used to access this site because that information doesn’t identify the person using the computer.
Security of Health Information and Personal Information
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Health Information and Personal Information and prevent unauthorized access when the information is in our control. We update these safeguards from time to time to make them more effective, but no safeguard can be 100% effective.
In addition, you should remember that no system can perfectly prevent an unauthorized person from intentionally viewing information while it is in transit over the Internet or via email. Therefore, Northwest Eye cannot and does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of information you send to us via the Internet or by email.
How Northwest Eye uses and discloses Personal Information
We will use and share Personal Information obtained through this website with our employees, contractors, and others to the extent necessary for any of the following purposes:
- To provide a product or service you have asked for or purchased.
- To send you information you have asked for, such as a quote for insurance coverage.
- To promote our products or services to you.
- To enable you to provide feedback to us on our products and services.
- To improve the content, functionality, and usability of this Site.
- To contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site.
- We will share Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with a subpoena, court or administrative order, law, rule, regulation, or similar requirement that we believe in good faith legally obligates us to share it.
- We may use Personal Information to the extent necessary to protect our website, our rights, and to avoid or minimize our liability. For example, we may use Personal Information to identify someone who is using our site for an illegal purpose and disclose it to law enforcement or our attorneys to consider taking legal action.
- We may share Personal Information with another entity that takes control of us or that we take control of as a result of a corporate reorganization such as a merger, acquisition or spin-off, or similar action.
All questions and concerns about your privacy can be sent to email@example.com or by mail to:
8401 Golden Valley Road, Suite 330
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Attention: Compliance Office